Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What in the hell is a 'Choo Stop'????


My Spot.
I learned quickly during my ride from Nairobi to the middle of nowhere what a Choo Stop meant. I've never camped before, and never had the urge or the desire to have to 'find a bush'. Even while in Africa, I learned to manage my body functions so well that I only had to 'find a bush' once or twice. Here is that "FIRST" bush. I am showing the world, because I am very proud of myself. I learned that it requires special skills and coordination from a woman. I think my success was 'beginner's luck', but I wasn't about to push it. And trust me when I tell you. The campsite facilities and other so-called bathrooms that I used during the trip make this look like a Queen's throne.

It's a little hard to concentrate on what you are doing in these places, as this is the African savannah. That means that any wild animal, large or small, on foot, hoof, or slinking on its belly, could creep out of nowhere. That fear made me make alot of noise while I squatted, so that I might scare anything away that might be approaching. And that included the 30 or so two-legged creatures that were also wandering through the savannah trying to find 'their spot'.

Oh, and my "Choo Stop Tip-of-the-week" is: Never squat too close to an acacia tree. (see the post before this one called "Paleo-Adventures" for a photo if you don't know what an acacia tree is, or what kind of danger it poses to a 'squatter'....)

Click on photo for a larger, more 'intimate' viewing of 'my spot'.

No comments: