Friday, May 23, 2008

So... What is a Paleo-Nerd?

I guess I should take a minute to explain the definition of what a paleo-nerd is. According to dictionary.com, we get the following:

PALEO:
1. Ancient; prehistoric; old
2. Early; primitive
NERD:
1. A stupid, irritating, ineffectual, or unattractive person.
2. An intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit


So, the paleo part is pretty self-explanatory. BUT... I totally don't get definition #1 for NERD so I'll just ignore it and try to rebuild my self-esteem after reading it.

#2 pretty much gets to the meat of the issue.

The resulting definition of a paleo-nerd is obvious:

"A really boring person, who has no life, who OCD's over ancient or primitive things."

In my case: I like VERY old people who have been fossilized over time, and those even OLDER creatures that were almost people. Or were they almost apes? Either way: You say po-TAY-to, I say po-tAh-to.

And I'm thinking: it is probably a good thing that I'm interested in those OLD fossils, because most young people, I want to slap.

;)

No comments: